***UPDATE ON SCHEDULE FOR HACKATHON***
7:45 PM: Expectations and Preparing for the Hack
Prototypes are accepted, go over judging criteria
Topics are released.
Thursday, Oct 7 - Pre-Hack Kickoff
7:30 PM: Opening Remarks
7:45 PM: Expectations and Preparing for the Hack
8:00 PM: Team Formation Activities
9:00 PM - 10:00PM: Games (optional)
Saturday, Oct 9 - SASEhack Fall 2021
12:00 PM: Registration Check-in Begins
12:30 PM: Welcome, Opening Remarks
1:00 PM: Hacking Begins!
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Afternoon Office Hours
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: KeyNote Speaker Kalyani/Workshop - "Basics and Q&A of AI/ML"
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Verizon Networking Event
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Keynote Speaker Archana
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Evening Office Hours
9:00 PM: Team Check In
10:00 PM: Games
Sunday, Oct 10 - SASEhack Fall 2021
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM: Morning Coffee Break
10:00 AM: Final Stretch Office Hours
12:00 PM: Project Submission Deadline, Hacking Ends
1:00 PM: Live Demo Presentations & Judging
4:30 PM: Awards and Closing*
*Closing time subject to change
Cyber related - Incorporate AI/ML into bolstering cybersecurity
-There have been a lot of cyber attacks/scams/phishing attempts recently in the news. Can you think of a good way to utilize AI/ML technology to mitigate some of these attacks?
2021 has been a tough year everyone, but especially for the Asian Pacific Islander (API) community, what can we do with AI/ML to help stop API hate?
-What can AI/ML technology do in terms of detecting, stopping, or mitigating violence directed towards Asians and/or the elderly?
- SASEhack: October 9, 2021 - October 10th, 2021 (Sat-Sun)
- REMOTE ! ! ! From the comfort of your home or anywhere else you feel safe and comfortable to partake in the hack
- Create something exciting and showcase your talent
- Experience teamwork dynamic (a viable skillset that every employer seeks)
- Opportunity for winning project recognition on SASE National social media.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Register on this Devpost like any other hackathon.
- Register through the linked Google Form and join the Discord
- If you have a team, be sure all of your teammates have registered on this Devpost
- If you don't have a team, you can search for one here on Devpost or join our SASEhack Discord server and search in #team-formation
1) Must be part of a SASE chapter. (for inquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) Must be high school or college student (undergrad or grad) at the time of the event. During check-in on Discord, participants will be asked to fill out a sign-in form that asks to submit proof of student status.
3) Participants must be residing in the United States.
4) Teams must have at least 2 members and at most 4 members.
5) Hacks must have started at SASEhack. Any prior work may not be used at SASEhack, but prior ideas are welcome!
Kalyani Sekar | Vice President of Data Engineering in Verizon Global I.T. Organization
Archana (Vohra) Jain | Vice President Information Technology @ Verizon
MENTORS: Various Employees At Verizon
$2,000 in prizes
$1000 evenly divided between team members
Runner Up Prize
$750 evenly divided between team members
Best Beginner Hack (opt-in)
16oz Vacuum Sealed Bamboo Bottle and choice of either Amazon, Starbucks, or Apple $20 gift card for each team member (To qualify: at least 2 members must be first-timers)
SASE Microfleece ½-Zip Pullover for each team member (polling during awards)
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Software hacks are highly encouraged to develop for SASEhack FALL 2021 as we are unable to provide resources for hardware-based projects due to our virtual environment.
LIVE DEMO PRESENTATIONS & JUDGING
Teams will submit their project solutions through Devpost.
- View the SASEhack 2020 project gallery for submission examples.
Pre-recorded videos are OPTIONAL and must be no longer than 3 minutes.
At the submission deadline, teams will be asked to fill out a demo sheet to determine the order of live demo presentations.
Teams will demo their projects in front of judges and other attendees via Zoom, followed by a brief Q&A.
The demonstration + Q&A must last no longer than 7 minutes.
Following completion of all demos, judges will break out to evaluate the submissions.
In the meantime, hackers are encouraged to view team submissions on Devpost and prepare to vote on Hacker Favorite. (polling during Awards ceremony)
HOW TO ENTER / CREATE SUBMISSION
Enter the name of your hack.
Add ALL your team members to your Devpost submission
Tell us about your hack! Be sure to include any relevant images and include the video (if applicable) in your description.
Include a link to your hack (if applicable)
Submit before the deadline!
Video (if applicable)
Pitch your project within 3 minutes! Devpost accepts links to YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku. Videos may be recorded through external platforms such as Zoom, MS Teams, or additional recording platforms that your team sees fit. Please take into consideration recording/edit time when allocating time to your project and submission.
The platform allows you to upload one file. However, you may combine your files into a single ZIP file if you so choose. Make sure to begin uploading well in advance from the submission deadline to accommodate for any technical issues that come up during upload.
Be sure to specify which challenge topic your project is addressing!
***Note: Judging System may be adjusted depending on the number of team submissions received.
Senthil Kumar Prem Kumar
Vinoth Kumar Vimalanathan
Technical Merit (20%)
Project is functional - Clear understanding of target challenge and applied technological solution
Project solution is original - Idea is unique or creative take on an existing solution - Solution makes use of provided resources or multiple technologies
Project solution is well-thought out and addresses targeted challenge(s) - Has intuitive design, polished UI
Team understands who benefits from their concept - Solution can be implemented in a practical manner - Project is likely to be accepted and easily used by the community
Quality of Presentation (25%)
Clear presentation of solution - Team is able to explain their work and how they came to their solution - There is presence of teamwork and integration